Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Beijing

         Beijing might be the most familiar Chinese city name you have ever heard. It is the economic, political and cultural center of China. I live there for one year before I came to the United States. I really love Beijing because people can find almost everything they want except good weather in there.
                                     
         Beijing is one of China's four municipality cities. Its location is very similar to Washington's location in the United States. They are both in the northeast of the nations. Beijing is a typical city that with ancient history and most modern lifestyle.
                                       
                              
         The Forbidden City was a palace of Chinese royal family. There were 24 Kings living in there. It covers an area of 720,000 square meters. The construction area is about 150,000 square meters. It is the largest existing palace-type building. It was built in 1406, and complete construction in 1420. I heard that the Forbidden City has lots of rooms. If you change room every night, you would use almost 28 years to sleep in all of those rooms. Travelers are suggested to visit the Forbidden City when coming to Beijing. There is another place tourists should travel to. It is the Great Wall.
                              
          You may think the Great Wall should be like this👆👆👆Yes, it supposed to be. However, the reality is like this👇👇👇
                             
          So many people are visiting the Great Wall every day. On June 5, 2012, the State Administration of Cultural Heritage announced that after about five years of investigation they find that the total length of China's ancient Great Wall is 21,800 km. In the past, the Great Wall was used to resist the enemy. In the peaceful decade. It is a very memorable and beautiful place to visit.
                           
                           
          Time flies to 2008, Beijing hosted the Olympic Games. American athlete Michael Fred Phelps II got eight golden medals in 2008 Olympic Games. I remembered that he was a legend in that period of time. Can you guess what did Phelps eat in China? Let's check it out!

                                     
                                       

Roast Beijing duck and Zhajiang noodle are Beijing's traditional food. They both have hundreds years of history. In the ancient time, only rich people can eat roast duck, but Zhajiang noodle are more pupular because it is affordble for most people. Nowadays, everyone have chance to tast it. If you go to Beijing, I recommend you to try them. :)




2 comments:

  1. I got to visit Beijing a few years ago and had a wonderful time. I went in the middle of the winter and it was SO cold! I would like to go back again in the spring when the weather is a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing that it would take 28 years to use all rooms in the Forbidden City. What a huge scale ! I haven't tried traditional Chinese Zhajiang noodle, but I love Zhajiang noodle in the Korean version. I want to compare those two!

    ReplyDelete