
Tibet is located in the southwest of China. It is located in latitude 26°50' to 36°53', longitude 78°25' to 99°06'. The whole area is 120 million square kilometers, accounting for the total area of 1/8 of China. It is between an average elevation of 4,0000 meters above.The "Roof of the world" is another name card of Tibet. Tibet has more than 4,000 km of land boundary line, it is close to Myanmar, India, Bhutan, Nepal, Kashmir and other countries and regions.

Lhasa is Tibet's traditional capital and the capital of Tibet Autonomous Region. The Potala Palace which located in Lhasa is the symbol of the sacred. There are millions people travel to Tibet only for visit the Potala Palace.

Mount Qomolangma is the world highest peak. Its peak is 8,848 meters (29,029 ft) above sea level. It is located in the Mahalangur mountain range in Nepal.The international border between China and Nepal runs across Everest's precise summit point. Its massif includes neighboring peaks Lhotse, 8,516 m (27,940 ft); Nuptse, 7,855 m (25,771 ft) and Changtse, 7,580 m (24,870 ft).

The life-style of Tibet people is traditional and conservative. They are living like their ancestor. They pasture yak on the Tibet plateau. The milk tea is their everyday beverage. Tibet people has very healthy body because they need to adapt the infrabar and rarefied oxygen.
Wow, photos of Tibet are beautiful! Some friends of mine love Tibet and one of them has a long special relationship with a Tibetan monk, which made me curious about their life. As far as I know, they want to separate from China. I wonder how serious such conflicts are.
ReplyDeleteRachel,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing! I love reading your blog. Milk tea?? I have never heard of this before, but I would like to try it I think. It sounds interesting to me. Have you had this before? If you have, is it good? What does it taste like?
Tibet has been one of the places that I've always wanted to go. But from what I hear it is very expensive to travel there... Their past is very sad and I have heard that many people are still being tortured and killed for simple acts like sending an email abroad or even using the term human rights. I find it very sad that the people there aren't allowed to celebrate their own religion or culture without fear of retribution.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing. The pictures you shared of Tibet are beautiful. I had no idea that the oxygen and atmosphere are different in Tibet. I would like to learn more about that. I would also like to try milk tea. Have you had it?
ReplyDeleteIt looks so pretty! I think the uniqueness of this place really makes it seem mysterious and unknown. I am interested to learn more about it.
ReplyDeleteI don't know much about Tibet so this was very informative. Really enjoyed reading the facts you provided. Milk tea - I've heard of this, if I remember correctly, its black tea with milk?
ReplyDelete