Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sichuan Province

Hi everyone, welcome to my blog again. I guided you to my hometown last time, and this time I will bring you to the hometown of Panda.
                         
The red part of the Chinese map is called Sichuan. Sichuan is a province near to Chongqing. Accurately, Chongqing was divided from Chengdu and became an independent city in 1997. Nowadays, China has four “independent” cities, and it means the city municipality directly under the Central Government. They are Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Chongqing. The weather in Sichuan is good for living. It is like California. Spring goes through the whole year. So, precious pandas are only born and raise up in here.

There are only about 1590 pandas in the world because of the low fertility rate. The Endangered Animals Association in China named Panda as endangered in special grade. We call it the national treasure.The giant panda is regarded as a living fossil biological. People loves the pandas' black and white color. The world natural foundation was founded in 1961 was marked by the giant panda, the giant panda peremptory has become a symbol of the endangered species protection is the most important. The giant panda is an important part of China's diplomatic activities. There are 12 giant pandas in the United States. They are living at the zoos in Atlanta, Memphis, San Diego and Washington. Zoo Atlanta and the San Diego Zoo have two cubs each. The youngest cub was born in San Diego in July. Have you ever seen a panda in somewhere?

Next part of today's tour is eating





Next part of today's tour is eating Sichuan food. Sichuan food is very similar with Chongqing's. It's spicy and yummy. I think Ma Po tofu are most popular one. It's delicious and nutritious. The Panda Express you sometimes eat is called Sichuan food or Chinses food, but I do not agree with that. It is a reformed food style. Now you see the difference ;P

Sichuannese's lifestyle are more like Australian. Because of the good weather and environment here, people very enjoy their life. There is an old saying that when people are young, they should not be in Sichuan because the life here is too leisurely, young people would not go forward. Senior people should go to Sichuan because they can spend a wonderful twilight years in there.


How do you think about Sichuan?

10 comments:

  1. How interesting that the Pandas are raised in this specific area, I had no clue. I thought they just roamed around China everywhere. how ignorant of me, thank you for shedding some light. Also the food looks good, however I am a vegetarian are there many vegetarian option sin China?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I cannot reply you guys until now because my laptop is no power. Sure, some of Chinese people are Buddhist.They are vegetarians, and they can cook very yummy food with vegetable.

      Delete
  2. I sometimes make Ma Po tofu, I''m not sure if it's authentic Chinese style. It's very common in Korea. :) My husband said he'd love to try the last food. Is it made of crawfish?
    There's a brace of giant panda in Korea. (爱宝 & 乐宝) Xi Jinping sent them to Korea as a diplomatic gift this Feb. I haven't seen them but I think they are very popular and given special protection.
    By the way, I just found out that the number of panda increased from 1596 in 2004 up to 1864 in 2015, IUCN announced that they would lower the alert level from 'endangered' to 'vulnerable' this September. What a good news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the last food is made of crawfish. It is one of my favorite food,lol. Recently years, Chinese government make effort to multiply pandas. I think that is the reason why the number of panda increased. Anyway, it is a good new.lol

      Delete
  3. Pandas!! Love them :) thank you for sharing, this is all so interesting to read and learn. The third dish down looks delicious, what is that called and where can I find it here in Sacramento? I love trying new food. China seems so fascinating, its definitely on my list to travel too one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The third food is called lotus root. Hope the translate is correct. I think you can try "Spicy house" on 65th st. There might have what you are looking for.

      Delete
  4. Oooooh I love mapo! So good! Your blog is always making me hungry. Maybe in one of your blogs you can teach us how to cook a local dish. I love learning recipes from around the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good suggestion!!! I will make some local food, and show the recipes to you within the 7 blogs. :P

      Delete
  5. I love pandas!! Adorable. I love reading your blog because it's so informative, but easy to read. I'm with Mandy about learning how to make a dish. I think it would be fun to make a dish and try it. I'm a picky eater, but it would be worth the try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hhahah. I'm not good at using fancy words and sentences. I think we should get together to cook and eat someday.

    ReplyDelete