Anhui is one of the birthplaces of the Chinese nation. As early as about 23 million years ago, there was known as "and apeman" to walk upright ancient human activities in this area.
The most popular place for tourists in Anhui is Huangshan. Huangshan is a mountain that located in Huangshan city in the south of Anhui Province. It covers an area of about 160.6 square kilometers.
The Pines is a symbol of Huangshan. Huangshan Pines growth is very strange. It is rooted in the rock crevices where is no soil. Its branches are stretched only to one side. The roots grow in the air more than half. It is like a human wants to embrace the world.
The architecture in Anhui is very special as well. The brick, wood, stone is the main material of the frame. The buildings in the picture below have more than hundreds years history. When you step on the stone road and breath the moist air, you would feel that time goes back to hundreds of years ago.
Anhui likes a young and shy girl. She is beautiful, quiet, and tender.
The food part of today, I don't think you will like it because it is kind of weird. Let's take a look!
Can you guess what it is?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It is Tofu. Accurately, it is called hair Tofu :) Hair tofu is the Huizhou region characteristics of the traditional dishes. It is by artificial fermentation. That's why the surface of a layer of white tofu hair growth. As the tofu by fermentation after which the plant protein into a variety of amino acids, so the taste after cooking fresh.







I'd love to travel this region some day! Absolutely. I heard that Xian is one of the most beautiful and historical region. Now I know one more ancient city. But there are too many places to visit in China, seems like I need to decide where to go first. I also want to try hair tofu. Do you think I can find it here in the U.S.?
ReplyDeleteAnhui looks beautiful! I enjoy learning about China through your blog.
ReplyDeleteThe picture pictures you post are always so beautiful I would like to try the tofu. I wonder if its like other Tofu and takes on the taste of what it is cooked in. Have you tries this type of tofu before?
ReplyDeleteThank you for bringing us to these interesting places. It so fun to be connected in this way. Found a nice 360 view: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Huangshan,+Anhui,+China/@29.714656,118.337482,3a,75y,72.8h,67.37t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1s-XTCev7ZCsRc%2FWAgYsxUZSjI%2FAAAAAAAAMvg%2FVX6Y7GRfqJYIZ7NfQwjR7yMmNzaHCyLWQCLIB!2e4!3e11!6s%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F-XTCev7ZCsRc%2FWAgYsxUZSjI%2FAAAAAAAAMvg%2FVX6Y7GRfqJYIZ7NfQwjR7yMmNzaHCyLWQCLIB%2Fw203-h100-k-no-pi0-ya22.499996-ro-0-fo100%2F!7i8192!8i4096!4m5!3m4!1s0x3435c43623481ccb:0x4f313f2031517549!8m2!3d29.714748!4d118.337621!6m1!1e1
ReplyDeleteHairy tofu! I have never heard of this. I want to try it. Does it taste just like regular tofu?
ReplyDelete